socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

CA: We are Pro Se Defendants in a Summary Judgment. We filed

CA: We are Pro Se Defendants in a Summary Judgment. We filed our opposition per Ca Rules of Court. The Plaintiff a city has not replied to us with their statement questions we asked and the hearing is this Monday. We do not if they filed with the court their reply against our opposition and statements. Can you tell us if they were supposed to serve us with a copy?

Every document filed with the court must be served on all parties in the case -- no exceptions. This is fundamental "due process of law."

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess they want to screw with us and snail mail it. Could they just decide to ignore extension and go in on Monday to hearing and orally agrue we somehow messed up our opposition and plead for judgment?
There is no requirement that your opponent reply. So, yes, the plaintiff could simply appear and argue orally that your objection has no merit, and judgment should be entered for plaintiff.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are my questions and answers viewed online by everyone? I'm not charged for this question, am I? If so please delete this question.
I was trying to sign up for a mo/week of questions and did it go through?
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.