Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am being harassed by a woman that claims I had an affair

I am being harassed by a woman that claims I had an affair w/ her husband. She claims I raped him when he was passed out for 3 days. She claims I am putting her child in danger, so she sent him away for safety. She is constantly calling the police telling them I am hiding in the trees and crawling through the doggy door stealing their mail. Her husband filed a protective order against me on June 14th and she did the same on July 3rd.
I have never been to this persons house and I have I ever had any kind of relationship with her husband. The only time I have ever spoke to her was when she called and accused me of sleeping with her husband. Everything she claims is a lie. The local police treat it as a joke and tell me to watch my back because she is crazy. I'm tired of the harassment. I want her to stop all this nonsense and leave me alone. What should I do?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you contest these protective orders in court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The hearing is on July 30th.
Dear XXXXXantha,

Was a temporary protective order granted against you?

Are you going to be represented by a local attorney at this court hearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No order has been issued until the hearing. I haven't got a lawyer because I don't know who or what I need to ask for?
Dear XXXXXantha,

Thank you for your follow up.

It would be a good idea for your to consult and retain local attorney who would be able to challenge any allegations against you and contest the Petition for Protective Order filed by this man and his crazed wife.

Basically, your local attorney can also gather all the facts, documents, eyewittnesses related to this false allegation and if it can be provent that the allegations against you are false, then your local attorney might be able to file a lawsuit against this man and his wife based on harassment, defamation and also might be able to help you pursue a restraining order against both this man and his wife.

Also, if it can be proven that the reports against you to the police made by the wife are false, the wife could also be criminally charged with filing a false police report, which is a crime.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney
Dear XXXXXantha,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?