Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I had my car undergo extensive restoration in OH...got it back

Customer Question

I had my car undergo extensive restoration in OH...got it back , after 3 years, had all sorts of problems...company took it back to correct the problems...got it back, abt 1 year ago....nothing but problems....wires cut all over the place, items removed from the car that were in perfect working order....car is a nightmare....complained to atty general...that was useless!!...live in CT...now what?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

I need you to be a little more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what now" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is obvious I can sue the co...i trust the statute of limitations has not expired - But it means the action has to take place in OH, tow the car to OH, depos in OH...a damn big expense i was trying to avoid...FOR THREE YEARS, which is how long they had my car. Atty Gen insists I have to take civil action, they will not take action...bottom line....how do I get a refund to cover the costs to get the required work done here in CT...my best guess would be abt $25,000 to fix the damage they have done to my car.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You are likely going to have to sue them in Ohio, although you can try suing them where you live and see what happens. If you made the contract over the telephone, the car was delivered back to you where you live, you used your bank to pay them and the check was presented there, etc. all of that can count toward you having venue and jurisdiction where you live.

However, if they object the court may say you have to sue them in OH. There is no reason to tow the car back there although the remainder of the expenses would take place there.

You have a six year statute of limitations on breach of oral contract on OH and a 15 year statute of limitations on breach of a written contract.

Either place you decide to sue if you hire an attorney then their fees are recoverable as well.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.