Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a cabinet shop, My friend who is also a cabinet maker

Customer Question

I have a cabinet shop, My friend who is also a cabinet maker wants to use my shop and equipment to build a set of cabinets. Is there a release of liability that can be used so I am not liable if he gets hurt while using my shop and equipment?
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Is there a release of liability that can be used so I am not liable if he gets hurt while using my shop and equipment?
.
Sure, you would just need a general release of liability and have the friend sign it. You can download a professionally drafted, very thorough one here for a minimal cost and just add in the activity that friend is releasing you from any liability for. This is a site that I use myself when I need a template that I don't have in my library.
.
http://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-01764.htm
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.