socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

hello ... Do you know if there is a common and a fast way to

hello ... Do you know if there is a common and a fast way to raise a complain or legal case agains CIA ?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Send your complaint in writing to:

Office of Inspector General
Central Intelligence Agency
Washington, D.C. 20505

This is the only official direct investigative body with jurisdiction over the CIA.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you .. but is there any direct email or hotline for an independent entity (may be united nations or international justice court). Do they have any dedicated contact for such cases againest CIA ?

No, I'm afraid there is not. Other than writing the Congressional House or Senate Intelligence Committee members individually to voice your complaint, the contact information that I provided you is the only means of contacting the oversight agent for the CIA. And, the CIA Inspector General only accepts written complaints.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But in this case how can we make sure the "Office of Inspector General" would be un-baised and will fairly reply to our complain ?

Is it possible to raise a complain or legal case through a local court and from there it can be escalated furthuremore ?

A: There is no way to be certain that your complaint will be taken seriously -- other than to complain to more than one person, such as the House or Senate Select Foreign Intelligence Subcommittee.

A: It's lawful for a person injured by a U.S. government agency to sue the agency. However, where national security interests are concerned, the U.S. Government can exercise its rights to the national security exception and ask a court to dismiss the case. Overwhelmingly, the U.S. courts will dismiss such cases. Thus, legal action against the CIA will generally be futile.

Moreover, suing the United States in U.S. District Court is extremely expensive. Assuming that a court were to accept your case, you could easily spend $100,000 USD in legal fees to bring a case against the CIA, and you could lose. So, it makes little sense to use the court system to challenge the CIA. The Inspector General complaint, plus a complaint to the House and Senate Select Foreign Intelligence Subcommittees is really your only logical option.

You can also contact the media. Any U.S. news media source (AP, UPI, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, NY Times, Washington Post, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc.) would probably be very interested in your complaint. And, if the news media investigates, this usually means that Congress and the Inspector General will be very interested. Perhaps even President Obama would be interested at that point.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again for your replay ...

Just to clarify, what I meant by local court is local to the country of residence (e.g. Turkey). With this clarification, do think that the same as you mentioned earlier would apply also to the local court of residence (e.g. Turkey court, ...etc) ?

I am not knowledgeable in Turkish law. However, if there is evidence of espionage going on in Turkey by the U.S. government, I'm sure the Turkish government would be at least interested -- though, they probably already are aware of such activities.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again for your answer. I just can not amagine that there is no other way than sending the complain to the same entity we want to complain about !!

I would really appreciate if we can get any kind of information about the Turkish law and its nature in such cases (since you are a lawyer you may know a friend of yours who is knowledgable about it or you may know a way or a tool to get such information, since this kind of information usually is not shared with the public).

You will have to open a new Q&A session, in the European law category, and see if anyone can assist you re Turkish law. From the USA perspective, my answer is legally accurate, and there are no other options.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)