Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I asked you about a contract dispute that I lost and my attorney

I asked you about a contract dispute that I lost and my attorney failed to file an appeal. Can I petition the court to re-open the case? And if so are there grounds or precedents for such an action?

Thank you for your question and thank you kindly to assist you with your concerns.

Once a judgment is entered, the decision is final. You cannot 're-open', you can simply appeal if you have grounds. But once a decision is entered and beyond the statutory period, there is no basis to re-open as the courts would see it as a situation where you had the right to appeal and you did not, and that was your right to have a higher court review the decision.

Good luck.