Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

i am just wondering about a false advertisement with a cell

i am just wondering about a false advertisement with a cell phone company that is charging me 40 dollars for the first line and 35 for each line after that yet on there website it says 40 for the first line and 25 each there after and when I called to ask them about it they told me that offer was over 2 years ago and they weren't able to offer me that anymore?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

HI, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

The cell phone company is engaging in false and misleading advertising in violation of the Federal Trade Commission Act which specifically prohibits internet sellers from engaging in this conduct. If they advertise it, they must sell it to you. Internet sellers have the same responsibilities as any other retailer. They can have promotions in the same way as department stores and they are just as responsible for keeping all their advertising and promotions current.

You should file a formal Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission which is the Federal consumers "watchdog" and you can file it online at their official website,

www.ftc.gov

If you want to file a Complaint for internet fraud, you can do so at the following website. It is made up of several Federal Government agencies, one of which is the FBI,

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

______________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so is this something that I should like talk the corporate office about? and let them know and see if they want to do anything about it first or should I just file the complaint? since I had already talked someone on the phone about it and he told me he couldn't offer that to me since it was 2 years old and they he was going to file a report about it right away so that it would get changed. Its not really a big deal to me since its only 10 dollars its just the principle of it at this point and they wont even do anything about it. he also told me that plan didn't come with web even though it says it does on the website.

Hi, Justin,

We really do not know what someone is really thinking. I am sure that the company knows about it and they simply do not want to take it down because who knows how many people they have sold their cell phones to for the additional $10.

Since you have spoken to them already and they still have not taken it down from their website, you would be wasting your time by calling them again. It is up to you if you want to report them or not,

___________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.