Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

can a bank legally tell me the name of the person who authorized

Customer Question

can a bank legally tell me the name of the person who authorized charges in my bank account without my permission
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Such information is generally protected. Unless you gave consent, or there is some sort of a court order or a subpoena is in place, the bank cannot disclose information about your account to third parties. If they do, they open themselves up to potential claims for breaching their fiduciary duty that they owe you pertaining to your account.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Thank you for your follow-up.

To respond directly:
i got my bank statement in the mail and seen all these charges on my account i did not authorise can the bank tell me the name of the person who went into my account
----
That is different--as this is your account, whatever the bank knows about the transactions you likewise can require and request from them to be provided to you. If they have information on who went into your account, you can request such information from them and they would be required to share than information with you.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can the bank tell me the name without a court order or anything like that after they are done with their investigation

Thank you for your follow-up.

If this is your account and your transactions, you can be notified and you can request that information directly. You do not need a court order for your own information.

Good luck.