Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My husband owns a Paintless Dent Repair Company. He contracts

My husband owns a Paintless Dent Repair Company. He contracts with a broker (Company) to place him in auto body shops around the country during hail season. There is a contract. The Company takes 50%. The company is in financial difficulties. They are not paying my husband and quite a few other PDR techs and Insurance adjusters. They owe my husband 25,000 aprox. It looks like the Company will close up in a few weeks. Do we have any recourse. The Company has been in business since 1998. They have already closed the Subsidiary they own that handles the Insurance adjusting.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Customer:

Is there any other information that you need?

JD 1992 :

Can you be a little more specific in your question?

JD 1992 :

"Do we have recourse" is one of those general ones that when we answer the customer invariably replies with "I already knew that".

Customer:

Can we sue the company to get the money they owe my husband?

JD 1992 :

Yes, you can sue the company and possibly the owners of the company.

Customer:

If the company has no assets but the owners do, would it be better to sue them?

JD 1992 :

You will probably want to move quickly so that you can "tie up" any money they may have coming in before they shut down and take it all or tie it up in bankruptcy.

JD 1992 :

You have to sue the company as well. If it is a corporation it will provide them some measure of protection from individual lawsuits. The amount of protection depends on hwo they handled the company.

Customer:

Ok, the company is located in Colorado Springs and Denver, CO

Customer:

Do we find a lawyer there?

JD 1992 :

That would make the most sense.

JD 1992 :

You may be able to sue them elsewhere but you can definitely sue them where they are located.

Customer:

Ok, thank you for your help. I will get started on this.

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome. Anything else I can assist with?

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my questions.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I get credit for my work.

Customer:

I will

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.