Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Good Morning: I am a dog and cat groomer. age 65. I use

Good Morning:

I am a dog and cat groomer. age 65. I use to own and operate foundries, iron, aluminum and ductile. I finished grooming school in 2010. This past may I had a client bring in a Golden Retriever, a $40.00 groom. I called her when the dog was done and she asked: "How much is the groom?" I told Lauren and she showed up with $100.00 bill. I said I did not have change and she said she would be back the following day. She refuses to take telephone calls, I mailed her an invoice and added $10.00 to the $40.00 for the time it takes me to make out an invoice.

I want to force some respect and timeliness into this client that was equal to my effort to work her into what was a booked schedule.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I have carefully reviewed your post. Howvever, I did not see a question. What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since I am being ignored by my client: I want to know how to force her to pay me the cost of the groom? And can I add to grooming cost the cost of collection?

Thank you for the information:

Since I am being ignored by my client: I want to know how to force her to pay me the cost of the groom?

Response 1
: You need to send her invoice and warn her that interest and penalties would be added if there is no payment within 30 days.

And can I add to grooming cost the cost of collection?

Response 2
: You can only add this cost if you disclosed this information to her previously. Otherwise, you cannot add collection cost to the outstanding balance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did send her an invoice and in that invoice I typed a note on the bottom stating that I will be adding to the grooming cost all collection costs and If this invoice is left unpaid through 6-29-2013 I will begin efforts to collect.

Since I sent her an invoice already and stated on the bottom of the invoice collection costs will belong to her, what do I do know? What is the most direct route to get "in her face?" To force a collection or garnishment?

Response: File Small Claim against her. A claim must be filed and Judgment obtained before her assets can be garnished. However, because the amount is relatively very small, it would not be worth it filing a lawsuit, regrettably. The Small Claim filing fee is more than $40.00 in Wisconsin. Currently, the filing fee is $94.50:

http://www.countyofdane.com/court/court/faqSmallClaims.aspx#6

http://www.wicourts.gov/forms1/circuit/ccform.jsp?Category=38

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I add the $94.50 to the $50.00 she owes me?

Response
: Yes. You can ask the Court to order her to pay for your Court costs.