Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My wife and I are in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy and I am representing

My wife and I are in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy and I am representing us pro se. Our largest asset is a subdivision project. The bank that financed it has asked that the stay be removed. We had a "summary" hearing on that issue but have not yet seen the judge's ruling. However, the comments of the judge before and during the hearing suggest he is going to rule against us. I believe that he is misinterpreting the applicable Alaskan statute
and ignoring the most relevant evidence. My question is, can I appeal his ruling on this issue right away? Is so, do I file it in federal or state court?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To answer directly, you cannot appeal it until he makes a ruling. Once a ruling is made, then an appeal is possible. At that point you first appeal it him via a motion for reconsideration and then you appeal it via federal court as this is a federal matter and not state.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I have copied the link.

You are most welcome and good luck to you!