Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I am filling out a job application. On there it says to provide

I am filling out a job application. On there it says to provide the allegation, description of circumstance and the disposition of allegation. I was originally charged with battery with a deadly weapon with substantial bodily harm. However, I ended up with Conspiracy to Leave the Scene of an Accident. My questions are what do I put for disposition of allegation and do I have to put the original charge or do I just put what I was convicted of? The only court paperwork I have is the Traffic Accident final judgment and as I am applying for a state job they will ask me for documentation. I feel that it is unnecessary to state the original charge since I only have paperwork for the actual conviction.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

All you need to put down is the disposition including the allegation for which you were convicted. If there was a charge that was waived, it is no longer actionable or viable and while it may exist on your record, it is not something that affects your criminal record or employment status.

Good luck.