Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My question has to do with business licensing in the state

Customer Question

My question has to do with business licensing in the state of Washington. My main source of income these days has been freelance writing work obtained through websites such as Textbroker and Writer Access. I do this work from home. Do I have to get a business license from the state of Washington to legally do this work? I can't seem to find any answers. Thanks.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response:
No, you do not. I have checked the licensing web page of Washington State Licensing for businesses and professional licenses and did not see freelancing on the list of licenses:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/listoflicenses.html#w