Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

my son has a car that is financed through capital one. he did

my son has a car that is financed through capital one. he did not know that he needed full coverage insurance, and only had liability. he got into an accident and capital one wants him to pay the full amount of the the car damage in excess of 9,000. is the finance company responsible for not making sure there was full coverage insurance?

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am so sorry to hear about your son's accident, I hope he was not injured,

The lender which, in this case is Capital One, has the full coverage insurance requirement in the loan documents which the borrower signs and also provides that if the borrower fails to have full coverage, it is an event of default under the loan. The law imposes on all of us the obligation to read the entire document, whatever it happens to be, before we sign it because we will be bound by its terms and charged with knowing its contents whether we have read it or not.

I realize that this is not exactly the Answer you were hoping for and it would have given me great pleasure to give you the Answer you wanted to hear, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give you only correct Answers and information, so I am respectfully asking that you not hold the Pennsylvania law applicable to your situation against me,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

Hi, Mike, thank you for the Excellent Service rating, I appreciate it greatly, If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea, .......... "

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you and I hope next time I can give you a more favorable Answer,