Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

can i get out of buying a truck that i have already sighned

can i get out of buying a truck that i have already sighned the papers on satureday
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Did you ever take ownership of the vehicle? Did you drive it off the lot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i drove it home then i found out things were wrong with it it should have never had a new inspection sticker on it visegrip pliers holding e brake cable brakes stuck on

David,

Was this a new vehicle or a used vehicle when you purchased it? Did you take it to a different mechanic for a new inspection?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i showed it to my mechanic and he said that it was not right to put pliers on break cable it was used

David,

Final questions if I may. You did not personally inspect the vehicle prior to purchase, correct? You bought this 'as is' with no warranty?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

30 day warranty on drive train that is i did look it over i did not get under it till i got it home because i went to put e brake on it didnt work so i got under truck to see why that is when i see pliers on cable

David,

It does sound like the dealer knew or was aware of this 'repair' to the vehicle, which means that prior to selling it to you, the dealer had to inform you of all the known defects. Failure to do so could violate state law. As a consequence consider informing the dealer that you will be filing a grievance against them with your state's Attorney General's office, specifically their consumer protection division and request that the state agency investigate your claim. Most of the time the dealers simply do not want the hassle and the potential additional expense from the state to deal with the allegations. That is the easiest approach to get them to agree to return the money and take the vehicle back from you even after it was transferred under your name.

Hope that helps.