Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

The first time I applied for SSI for my child was 2008 and

The first time I applied for SSI for my child was 2008 and was denied, I reapplied in 2011 I receive 934.00 in child support, this is my only income, when/if the case is approved how far back will my son's retro payments go ? Back to 2008, or when exactly ?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

If you reapplied in 2011 then your retroactive payments go back to then.

JD 1992 :

They go back to the date of the application that is now being appealed.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.