Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I have provided 2 VISA nos and have been told type and account

Customer Question

I have provided 2
VISA nos and have been told type and account number don't match. what's the problem
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your post. It appears that if there is an isue, it has been resolved because you were able to post a response.

How may I assist you? What is your legal question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I signed a real estate rep agreement in MN and was not provided a signed copy even though I advised agent of this by e mail when I requested a cancellation. No response on signed copy was provided, however, she advised she would cancel for a $700 payment.

Agreement signed 6/25 afternoon and notice requesting cancellation and notice of non receipt of signed copy sent by e mail 6/29 AM.

When is 72 hr cancellation right effective-after receipt of signed copy, or, do I even have a contract?

Thank you for your follow-up. Under US and state laws, the right to cancel, if there is such a right in the contract, begins running from the date you signed the agreement. If you ended up cancelling by mail, then what governs is called the 'mailbox rule'. Under the 'mailbox rule' what governs is the postmark on the letter and not when that letter is received. The receipt of a signed copy does not start the contract, when you signed it starts the contract. So if you signed 6/25 and givens 72 hours, you have until the end of 6/28 to formally cancel the terms.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

service was so incomplete I had to go to my state attorney general for a response with whom I have now filed a complaint against the contract writer

What specifically was provided to you that was somehow incorrect? Could you please advise?