How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 114114
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a d.u.i. in Wva. 1/4/2013 , I live in Ohio. I went to

This answer was rated:

I got a d.u.i. in Wva. 1/4/2013 , I live in Ohio. I went to cout in Wva. , Paid fine and court costs , did mandatory jail time. License suspension TIME over in Wva. . On suspension in Ohio now.I have paid the reinstatement fee in Ohio. What do I have to do ,and in what state, to get this all taken care of ??
Thank you for our question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you have completed everything in WV then you need proof of that successful completion. Now from this point forward you need to deal with the OH motor vehicles, since they are dealing with an administrative suspension on your license and you need to go to BMV and they will give you the list of requirements based on your specific facts, which would generally be SR-22 (high risk) insurance for 3 years. If this was a first offense, no ignition interlock device would be usually required unless the court ordered one.

You paid the reinstatement fee to OH, then they should have reinstated you if you provided them proof of everything being done in WV.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 13 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions