Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I recently had my house washed and the trim painted. The job

I recently had my house washed and the trim painted. The job was not performed to satisfaction. While I am not an expert, it appears that the trim was not properly prepared, sanded, caulked or primed, prior to applying paint (knots in the wood and nail heads can be seen). And to the naked eye, looks as though only one coat of paint was applied rather than two. I was quoted for pressure wash of entire house, scrape and sand where needed, prime bare wood areas where needed, caulking any gaps where needs, touch up body of house where needed and apply 2 coast of finish paint on all trim of house.

I am not sure if what I am seeing is the result of product failure, poorly trained staff, little to no prep work don't to trim prior to painting, moisture (we are having an extremely wet summer).....

With the observations listed above, does this job either needs to be re-do or I need to be refunded? I shouldn't see knots or unpainted nail heads or what appears to be trim in dire need of another coat... should I?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

What you describe here sounds as if the job was not performed correctly. Have you paid this person in full? And this was a written agreement? How long ago, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have paid the individual in full.

I was provided a quote via email: pressure wash trim , scrape & sand where needed. Prime bare wood areas where needed. Caulk any gaps where needed. Apply 2 coats of finish paint on all trim on house, touch up body of house where needed. (Copied/pasted from email)

The work was done just last week.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you.

I suggest that if the job is not to your satisfaction as per the terms of your agreement, then you need to immediately let the contractor know.

I suggest you need to have him come back and look at the work and allow him an opportunity to get it right

With that being said, I suggest you can call or email him and let him know you need an immediate response about this matter

In the meantime, it is imperative that you also send him a certified letter with a return receipt requested stating the same thing -

In the conversations, email, and letter you will want to state that you will hire someone else to do it correctly and they will be responsible for that cost.

Now, you will have the option of doing just that or taking this person to small claims court and getting your money returned.

So you also will want photos of the work as it now stands

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.