LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

So I sent out a text that I regret, the receiver said he sent

So I sent out a text that I regret, the receiver said he sent all my info to the Dallas police department. Most likely an open investigation.... I have not got a call from the police. The text said " We just talked about the damn restaurant lake house bar and grill! His voicemail is full lol "His name is John" i'm thoroughly disgusted and I thank you for directing
me in the right direction and obviously did no good. If I set fire to that place they would collect insurance money, f**k that place. Lakehouse bar and Grill is shit, no foundation! "

am Am I in any trouble? What should I do if the police call again. It was only on text and I have said sorry to him via voicemail. Not crime have been committed, it was just a bad, kinda nasty text....in a joking way. I'm 25 male and have never been in trouble.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you know why the receiver sent this information to the police? Also, what was the issue and/or basis of the conversation? It appears the "threat" was setting fire was nothing more then a joke. Did the police already contact you? I only ask because you was inquiring about what to do if they contact you again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He was just mad, I never met the man. I did not set fire to anything. It was only just a text over a bad customer experience. I regret sending it. I have make a joke about setting fire and how they would only collect money....that place was so bad. It was in poor taste. Did I break or commit a crime sending 1 text saying We just talked about the damn restaurant lake house bar and grill! His voicemail is full lol "His name is John" i'm thoroughly disgusted and I thank you for directing
me in the right direction and obviously did no good. If I set fire to that place they would collect insurance money, f**k that place. Lakehouse bar and Grill is shit, no foundation!
Thank you for the additional information. There is nothing criminal about sharing your bad experience with a friend, over a text message and I have no clue why this person would turn around and allegedly turn this over to the police. The only thing stated within, which may cause the police to at least speak with you, is the statement regarding setting fire to it. However, the police will likely see this was a joke and you had no INTENT to act on it nor did anything in furtherance of it. If the police try and contact you, you have no legal obligation to speak with them. You can, if you want, explain the context of it to them and that it was a joke and leave it at that. I do not think you are going to get in trouble and you may not even be contacted it. Like I said, the statement alone without anything to support your actions or intent, may not be enough. If you changed the situation around and made a statement like " Jim stood me up. I'm going to kill that guy", the same argument could be made that it was just a form of speech and you really would not kill him, just like you really would not set fire.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.