Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Would a mechanics lien being filed on a property in Ohio keep

Customer Question

Would a mechanics lien being filed on a property in Ohio keep a bank from filing foreclosure on a delinquent mortgage, if the lien was almost equivalent to the mortgage ?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

OH Revised code 5301.232, states that a mortgage in place prior to you doing work on the property would be superior to your mechanic's lien. The owner of the property cannot escape a mortgage by a quit claim to someone who does work on property and places a mechanic's lien to divest the mortgage company of their security interest in the property I am afraid.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

I am afraid that