Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Can I sue the state or courts for violating

Customer Question

Can I sue the state or courts for violating my 6th amendment? My motion to dismiss was denied in municipal court so I appealed and it was denied in superior I had to take it to appellate and they disposed of the case. Is it possible for me to sue for waisting my time and money on something that should have been dismissed in municipal?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

No, you can't sue the courts, the judge, or the state for what occurs in court or the judicial process. They all have judicial immunity for anything that occurs in court. You could, however, sue the other party for filing a frivolous case although it may be too late since generally these type of suits have to be brought at the same time as a counterclaim.

JACUSTOMER-g2dvujub- : Thatz definately not worth 22$
JD 1992 :

Because it wasn't the answer you wanted? You asked whether it could be done and I answered "no" because that is the answer.

JACUSTOMER-g2dvujub- : I understand that but that is not worth 22$ and I don't blame you but it was my fault for using the site sorry
JD 1992 :

Unfortunately, you set the price and the "Bad Service" rating now reflects negatively on me when all I did is answer your question correctly and promptly. I'll opt out.