TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My daughter is recently divorced. Papers say "turn over possesion"

My daughter is recently divorced. Papers say "turn over possesion" of a car. She has been living with us in Texas, and her ex is in Colorado. Does she have to drive the car to Colorado?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Your daughter needs to work that out with her ex. If they can agree and work it out themselves, then that would be best. If they cannot, then a judge would likely rule that the car should be turned over in the county where the divorce took place since that's where the parties (at least at one time presumably) resided. If that is in Colorado, then I'm sorry to say that is likely what would need to be done. Hopefully, she can talk to her ex and resolve it by meeting in the middle somewhere, or perhaps she can pay to have the car shipped ... it's not too expensive.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.