Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Do I write my legal documents in 1st person when talking about

Do I write my legal documents in 1st person when talking about myself if I represent myself? I, me, my.. or should I just write Defendant, like in 3rd person?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response
: You should address yourself as the Defendant after you have introduced yourself. Using "I," "Me," and "MY," can be confusing when describing events. See example below:

"Now comes (_Your Name), the Defendant, in the above-captioned action and responds to the Plaintiff’s Complaint as follows:

1. The Defendant does not have sufficient information to deny or admit to allegations in Paragraph 1"