Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

My husband was an officer in the New York sanitation department

My husband was an officer in the New York sanitation department and worked in lower manhattan on worth street during 911. He retired 12/03. I remembered how he used to tell me about the smell and the smoke he inhaled every day. My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer on May 2nd 2012 and died March 2nd 2013. I know that somehow 911 had something to do with this. Is it to late to file a claim.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you.

I am genuinely sorry for your loss. It is a terrible situation all around, especially if you feel or believe that 9/11 in some way contributed to your spouse's passing. At this time there is still a "Victim Compensation Fund" that was set up to review medical information and potentially provide redress. Please allow me to link you to their site so you can decide for yourself as to whether or not you will make a claim--but it is not yet too late to pursue it.

Please review below and let me know if I can assist you in any other way:

http://www.vcf.gov/register.html

Hope that helps