Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Does the wedding need to be in the same county that the marriage

Customer Question

Does the wedding need to be in the same county that the marriage license was obtained in, or can the ceremony be in a neighboring county of the same state?
Submitted: 3 years ago via USmarriagelaws.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

You will need to get the marriage license in the county where you are getting married.

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Is there some other information I can provide for you in this regard?

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure why you gave a Bad Service on my true and correct answer. I am guessing it was done inadvertently.

And I hope that you will reconsider a correction. When a Bad rating is given it affects my ability to remain a professional on this site and help others

So, unless you have another question in this regard, please reconsider your rating

Thank you and Good luck with your marriage.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The answer was just one sentence, and it was wrong. Now that the weekend is passed, I called the registrar's office, and it is possible to get a license in one California county adn get married in another. I needed the info this weekend and relied on your answer in making my plans. I want my money back. Thank you!

Christiane Heyde

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Well, thank you. I stand by my answer and I hope you can trust the Clerk you spoke with

And there is no need for a paragraph to answer your question

You have not been charged and I have not been paid

Best wishes on your marriage.