How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Legal Your Own Question
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a disput with a mattress company, they stated they will

This answer was rated:

I have a disput with a mattress company, they stated they will not settle and that I would have to take it too small claims court. Im sure it's not my only option, but is it my best option? the value is $2,500
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately if they will not agree to settle the claim then you will have to sue in court in your county for breach of contact for not supplying the mattress that you contracted for them to deliver. Luckily if you can sue in small claims court it is a great option and is generally a very consumer friendly process that will not require you to hire a lawyer.

Let me know your state and county and I can send you more information about filing a court claim in your county.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in contra costa county California, did you read the additional information I submitted ?
Are you saying that you already submitted the state and county. I am sorry but I cannot see that on my end for some reason.

You can sue in small claims court because the claim is under $10,000.

Here is a link to the small claim count in contra costa county:

You can fill out all the forms you will need to file by clicking the small claims forms link. The self help link is very good as well.

John Legal and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you