Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Desire to put my house in Texas in my daughters name (she

Desire to put my house in Texas in my daughter's name (she is 22). I currently owe ~$32K on the house, but have the funds available to pay it off.

What is the quickest, best way to put the house in her name:
1. Have her buy it from me for ~$32K
2. Pay it off and then transfer it to her name
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.The easiest fastest way here in Texas would be to pay it off and then quitclaim deed it to here.That way be paying it off the lender is taken care of and a simple quitclaim deed filed with the county clerk deed records is all you need.You can do this yourself or have a local lawyer do it.Make sure the lender files a release of the note here when you pay it off.

RayAnswers :

Here is the quitclaim deed, you can preview it for free by clicking on free preview.

RayAnswers :

Overall it would be faster and cheaper here to pay off the note.If you do a sale it would require more time and legal fees to close on it.

RayAnswers :

The pay off and quitclaim would accomplish this quicker and cheaper.

RayAnswers :

It has been my pleasure to be of service today,Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Customer:

Do I go through a lawyer or Realtor to do the transfer?

RayAnswers :

A local title company can do this pay off and quitclaim and get it all recorded.

RayAnswers :

That would be the best option because they will handle the pay off and release and also file the deed for you after you sign it.

RayAnswers :

They take care of all of that.

Customer:

So, I pay it off, and then get a Deed for the property from the Mortgage company, correct?

Customer:

Then contact a local Title Company to do he paperwork for the transfer? Does this require "in-person" appearances, as I live in San Diego and my daughter lives in another part of Texas away from the home by about 4 hours.

RayAnswers :

Yes you are correct, the lender here needs to file a release or forward it to you for you to file.

RayAnswers :

You would do this where the property is located.They can do this by mail to save your daughter driving.Is the property in San Diego??

Customer:

The property is in Garrison, Texas. She lives in Waco, Texas..

RayAnswers :

Give me a second

RayAnswers :

1. 515 North St
    Nacogdoches
    (936)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

Heritage Title Services

www.heritagetitlenac.com/

2. 302 N University Dr
    Nacogdoches
    (936)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

Community Title Co LLP

www.communitytitle-tx.com/

3. 135 N Fredonia St
    Nacogdoches
    (936)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

Nacogdoches Abstract & Title

nacogdochestitle.com/

4. 413 Shelbyville St
    Center
    (936)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

Elliott & Waldron Shelby County Title

plus.google.com

5. 507 E Hospital St #204
    Nacogdoches
    (936)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

Abstract & Land Title Research, Inc.

www.abstractandtitleresearch.com/

6. 3100 North St
    Nacogdoches
    (936)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

Lonestar Title Loans Tx

RayAnswers :

These are all title companies in the area.The title company can also handle the pay off to lender and getting release if you want them to do so.

RayAnswers :

They will need of course the loan number and lender information.They will all the work for you if you want them too or you can deal with paying it off and getting release.

RayAnswers :

Thats your call here.

Customer:

Thanks for the list of Title Companies. Any idea how long this process could take?

RayAnswers :

Any title company can do all of this for you.They can get the payoff, you send them the money and they get release signed.They will mail you a quitclsim deed for you to sign and they file it all for you.

RayAnswers :

No more than two weeks.The hold up is getting the pay off to lender and the release.

Customer:

So, probably should set this up with a Title Company and discuss the process as a first step, correct?

RayAnswers :

You need the release before you sign the quitclaim.If the lender gets this to them the deed can be mailed to you for signing and filing.Two weeks would be about average to get it all signed and filed.

RayAnswers :

When I worked for a title company this would be a fair time to turn it all around and finish it,.

RayAnswers :

I wish you good luck here on the title transfer.I appreciate the chance to help you today.

RayAnswers :

Boy it is hot in Texas we were 104 yesterday in Austin.

RayAnswers :

Thanks again, if you can leave a positive rating it is always appreciated.

Customer:

ok - thanks.

Customer:

Can I use a title Company here in San Diego?

RayAnswers :

No because the property is elsewhere.The ones in the county where property is located will have the deed records, plat maps, etc.

Customer:

Ok - that makes sense?

RayAnswers :

You are welcome.

RayAnswers :

Good luck with all and have a great weekend.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law