Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

Is a mailing from Vehicle Administration Center to be trus

Is a mailing from Vehicle Administration Center to be trusted?

Thank you for your question. However, in order to assist you I will need to know what this "mailing" is that you are referring to and generally what it says.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The mailing has, at the top, the year and manufacturer of the car I own. It informs me:

notification that your factory warranty or extended service contract is expiring, or has currently expired! Call 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX to continue coverage

There is no mailing address included, just the phone number

Hello again and thank you for the information. This is a company that purports to sell additional extended warranty coverage on vehicles who may have their warranties ending. They are not associated with the vehicle manufacturer or the government, they are just a business trying to make money off of consumers who think that very limited warranties are better than none. That decision is up to you, but you need to very carefully read in detail the warranty and its limits before you pay anything to this company.

These types of company's, of which there are many, have been in trouble with many State's attorney generals' offices for false and deceptive advertising. So, I would think twice before I would consider doing business with this company, or any company that says they can continue your vehicle warranty, unless it is your vehicle manufacturer.

Let me know if you have any related follow up questions. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.