How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16450
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if you are schduled in indiana to be sentence can u switch

This answer was rated:

if you are schduled in indiana to be sentence can u switch lawyers
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Can you please explain your situation a little better?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

need better lawyer

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your follow up.

If you do want to fire your current attorney and hire another one, you would have to obtain court's permission to substitute attorneys and your current attorney would have to file Motion to Withdraw and if it is granted by the judge, then you can have your new attorney represent you at sentencing.

While this can be done, in many cases judges presiding over criminal cases would not allow criminal attorneys to withdraw until the case is over.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions