Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Recently I was in an accident and the SAPD (San Antonio, Texas)

Recently I was in an accident and the SAPD (San Antonio, Texas) were at the scene. A motorcyclist hit me head on in the turning lane. I gave my account of what happened and there were other witnesses on the scene who too gave their account. I received a copy of the police report today and it not only claims I said things I didn't, but disagrees with what happened dramatically and excludes all witness testimonies. What can I do to get the report fixed if the officer refuses to change the report? What is the best way to represent this problem to my insurance so they're aware that the report isn't in agreement?

Best,
--Customer

Dear Customer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

Go to the police station where the report has been filed and submit your own statement the way you had told the police officer the date of the accident and ask that they attach your statement onto the report filed by the police officer. I don't know where these officers get off being so stupidly stubborn, they were not even at the scene and did not witness anything.

Then call your automobile insurance company and tell them you submitted your statement and asked that it be attached to the police report done by the officer. Send a copy to your insurance company for their files,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In my statement what should I say? Should I give a full account of the events and what happened? Is there anything else I should include? After having the statement attached to the report and sending a copy to the insurance, is my statement likely to hold any value to them in consideration?

Hi, Shane, Thank you for your follow up question and the opportunity to explain further

Your statement should have a lot more weight than the police officer's report since he saw nothing, he was not present when the accident happened..

Make your statement brief and concise, but without leaving anything out,

__________________________________________________________________

ANDREA