ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I brought a car with a lien on it I was willing to pay the

I brought a car with a lien on it I was willing to pay the balance on it so talking to the owner of the car and the bank the told if I was to pay off the lien that they would send me the title to the car so I paid up to 1500 on the car then the bank then advise me that I should take a loan out to make sure nothing get send to the owner so I did upon signing the paperwork I learn that the bank never had the titles to this car and that they have been misleading this whole time promising something that they never had and when I ask for my money back they refused while acknowledging that the info given to me by there employees was misleading can I sue them for the funds I paid

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Yes, you can absolutely sue for those funds. You can also file complaints with the state Attorney General's office: http://www.ag.state.la.us/Article.aspx?articleID=36&catID=0, as well as the US Office of the Comptroller: http://www.helpwithmybank.gov/complaints/index-file-a-bank-complaint.html.

ScottyMacEsq :

You can also sue in small claims court if the amount is under $3000.

ScottyMacEsq :

Do a search on the web for your county and "small claims court." You should find either a website or phone number to the small claims clerk. Ask them what you need to do to bring such a lawsuit. The small claims clerk will give you guidance on how to file this suit and how to get the other party served with notice. You will receive a hearing date, at which you should present your evidence and ask for a judgment for the amount that you paid.

ScottyMacEsq :

While there of course is the old saying "buyer beware", that assumes that you get something in exchange for what you pay. It seems like you paid $1,500 for nothing here.

ScottyMacEsq :

...and based upon false misrepresentations of the employees of the bank, in the course and scope of their employment.

ScottyMacEsq :

As such you can absolutely sue the bank and should be able to recover for their fraudulent behavior.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!