Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Written submissions in a parliamentary election petition

Customer Question

Attachment: 2013-06-28_185921_proceedings_of_election_petition_no.5_of_2013.doc

I am a case manager for the petitioner in a parliamentary election in Kenya. I am seeking legal advice and assisting in preparing the final submissions. The case is being heard at the High court, the pre-trial conference and hearing of the petition by witnesses has been concluded. Scrutiny and recount in 10 out of 98 polling stations was ordered by the court. A report was submitted in court. The petitioner's counsel made presentations in court in respect to the scrutiny and recount exercise. The court has ordered for written submissions to be filed by the petitioner on 8 July 2013. I need help in the construction of the submissions. What details of case background information do I make available to the expert? Can I get a South African expert in election law? What strategies can we employ to win this case?

We already have a lawyer, but our concern is to get an independent expert's approach that can give us a straight legal weight in the case

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2013-06-29_031044_scrutiny_and_recount_presentation_by_counsel_for_the_petitioner.doc

Dear Fran;Expert Moderator for my topic,

I take note of your comments. I will continue waiting for legal assistance from an expert in election law. I came to 'JustAnswer' for help closing the question is not an option.

Please let me know;

1. If my question is clear.
  2. Whether the information I have provided is adequate for case background details.
  3. How much longer do I need to wait
  4. Whether the expert will be selected by myself from a list of available experts or I the selection will be made by you.

Thank you.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

It is not possible to say how long it will take for a question to be answered. That depends upon many variables such as the subject matter and complexity of your question and the areas of specialization and the time constraints of the experts on line. All we can say is that when a legal professional believes he can give you a satisfactory answer to your question, he will respond.

The professional who takes up your question will let you know if he requires any further information to answer you. If you'd like a particular expert, I can notify him for you. Meanwhile, we will begin the search for a legal professional for you.

We have no legal professionals in Kenya, however, so the best that we will be able to provide you with would be a lawyer who would be willing to research your law. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Wendy,

I am going to wait. I am very desperate for a professional answer. I need an expert who will construct for me the submissions or raise critical issues to win this case.

My regards,

Dunstan.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Your question is open to all of our US lawyers and site researchers. I a professional believes he can give you a satisfactory answer according to Kenya law, he will do so. Frankly, however, since we have no Kenya professionals on this site, this may not be the best forum for you to try to find the answer to your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the effort so far. I concede the fact that I can not get a professional to assist me based on Kenyan Law. I will therefore try and seek help elsewhere. Please close the question. I will appreciate if a refund of 100% is effected. That will mean I unsubscribe for now. I will be glad to return to the site for future expert assistance. Please respond confirming my refund.

Thank you.

Dunstan.