Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I have been going through a divorce for 1 year and some chg.

Customer Question

I have been going through a divorce for 1 year and some chg. We both have lawyers. For purposes of the old saying, "keeping it simple, stupid", I need to know if a judge has the right to evict me from the property that we both are fighting to have the rights to, just b/c he is 'tired of dealing with our case'. Basic info: grounds for divorce: infedility from both sides, a 10 year old daughter (he freely gave me sole custody of her), and a business, which he and I both want. A business that I paid $300k in cash to buy before we were married. The $300k came from the revenue I rec'd when I sold several FL properties that I had purchased years ago. The business I'm fighting for is a public campground area w/ several hundred acres & 40+ campsites along the Etowah River. When we separated, he left my daughter & I & the campground voluntarily. Please know that my daughter & I also live at this campground & I am the caretaker in every way. I run the financials, maintain the grounds, deal w/ customers daily, etc. I have a lawyer, but I am disgusted right now, b/c last week we had a hearing and a newly appointed judge to our case did this: He declared that this had drug on long enough. He gave me an eviction order - I have 30 days to vacate the property & it will be put up for sale!!! Their is a lienholder - I bought this business & land from an individual who is owner-financing it to me. I have not been late on any payments or taxes on this loan or land...ever!!!! Other than the lienholder, Am I not the only one who has the right to sale my own property? Please help me! This is my livelihood, and I can't bear to think this is legal. What else do you want to know? Can you explain the law to me regarding this? What if we both wanted the kid? Would the judge have an order to put her up for adoption?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry to hear of what this Judge is trying to do and the nonperformance of your Attorney.

1. What is the fair market value of the business today ?

2. Did your husband work in the business with you ?

3. Where does your husband presently live ?

4. Where does the Judge expect you and your daughter to live if you vacate the campground ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Market value $500k
2. Yes, but I ran the heart of it. He doesn't even know how to balance the ledger.
3. He travels from state to state with a crew. By the way, he is only a citizen of this country bc I married him. Once the divorce is final, his visa expires.
4. Good question. And that campground is how I provide for my child, since my husband doesn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Too long to wait.
Hi, Michelle, I am going to respectfully XXXXX XXXXX of your question. Maybe another expert will assist you. I wish you the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you. I can understand English & also understand that you ripped me off too. U charge me $20 to ask me 4 ?'s and then tell me I didn't pay enough to give me an answer. And I should say oh please charge me $40 more and ask me 8 questions. I want my money back. Please forgive my attitude, but I'm still sore from the last lawyer that raped me. Unbelievable.

Hi, Michelle, I do not have any of your money because any deposit you placed and any agreement you made was with JustAnswer. We are not told about any arrangements or agreements between the customer and JustAnswer. The Expert only sees the question and the value placed on the question if answered by the Expert. You question requires a very lengthy and detailed Answer regarding the character and division of "sole, separate property" and what happens to the increased value in a State such as yours which is an "Equitable Distribution State" and a value of only ten dollars was placed on the question. I am sorry that your lawyer did not do justice by you for the $20,000 he charged you and you should demand an "Itemized List of Legal Services Rendered" to see how he justifies taking $20,000. You have a right to be angry, but it should be with your lawyer, not with the Expert on this end who can help you, I hope you can understand where I am coming from just as I understand where you are coming from. Please let me know if you would like a refund,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put $20, but you are valid in your points. I apologize for dropping the anchor on you. Please accept my apologies.

No, problem. I can understand your point of view; from the customer's perspective, if the site tells them something, it is natural for them to assume that everybody on the site is aware of policies. Unfortunately, that is not the case and, as I said before, we are not told anything. The site is genuine and the only one of its kind on the internet, and I can certainly give you more information for your money, than your lawyer gave you for the $20,000 you paid to him, except for the minor drawback. I still strongly suggest that you demand an "Itemized Bill for Legal Services Rendered". It is a 3 column list. In the left hand column he will put the date; the middle column will be "Description of Legal Services Rendered"; and, the last column on the right will have the amount of time it took. I can try to show you here what it should look like, but there is a problem with formatting and it will come out lopsided, but I'll try anyway:

Date Description of Legal Services Rendered Time

6/1/2013 Meeting with client and Memo to file .6

" First draft of Complaint in Divorce, Affid., etc. 2.2

6/2/2013 Review & Revise Compl. in Divorce, Lett. to

client w/ Copy of Complaint for review 3.2

6/3/2013 Calls to & from client; calls to & from Atty. .4

TOTAL HOURS 6.4 Hrs.

(Assume that is all your Attorney did in June, 2013)

6.4 Hours @ $200 Hr. .................. $1,280.00

Retainer Paid 5/31/2013 -$1,000.00

BALANCE DUE .................. $ 280.00

You get the basic idea, right ?

Let me know if you want me to contact customer service for you for a refund. They are at info@justanswer,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Andrea! I just wanted to let u know that I really appreciate u, and I've referred some other friends to this site. Have a beautiful life!!!

You are very welcome,

Every client is entitled to an itemized list, and if your Attorney is unable to give you an itemized list of legal services rendered, you will know that something is amiss because a lawyer cannot keep a client's money if it is not earned. You have a right to a bill which shows what the lawyer did for the money he charged you. Please be kind enough to rate my service to you. Any deposit you placed is with JustAnswer and I do not have any part of it. It will not cost you anything additional to rate my service to you, but without it, I cannot receive credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding. If you need anything further or have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question like this,

"For Andrea only .......... "

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA