WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

I hired a lawyer to represent me in an unlawfull termination

I hired a lawyer to represent me in an unlawfull termination case. He has apparently decided he no longer wants to be on the case . He refuses to respond to any communication. He has information regarding the case that I need and only he can provide. How can I get him to at least give me the information I need to proceed.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETLAW :

This is a serious matter, the attorney cannot under the professional rules abandon a case,

WALLSTREETLAW :

or not communicate with their client,

WALLSTREETLAW :

unless the attorney notified the Court that he wants to withdraw he cannot act this way,

WALLSTREETLAW :

you should first send a certified letter to the attorney for the information you need, and advise him if he fails to respond you will file a grievance with the bar association,

WALLSTREETLAW :

Most attorneys will respond when a threat against there bar license,

WALLSTREETLAW :

You can also file an official complaint with the bar association, and they will also contact him, and force him to turn over the material you needed.

Customer:

That's the problem. I have no idea if he notified the court or not. Don't even know if he filed the case.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Then you need to file a grievance complaint,

WALLSTREETLAW :

the bar association will force him to send you the information you need.

Customer:

How. Something that can be done online, phone ?

WALLSTREETLAW :

what state are you in?

Customer:

Mass.

WALLSTREETLAW :

You can file the complaint online using the link above,

WALLSTREETLAW :

Inquiries concerning the professional conduct of an attorney admitted to practice in Massachusetts are initially handled by the Attorney and Consumer Assistance Program (ACAP) of the Office of the Bar Counsel. The ACAP staff is available to discuss your concerns by telephone during normal business hours and can be reached at(NNN) NNN-NNNN If you would prefer to communicate your problem in writing, you can contact ACAP by fax at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor by letter at the 0ffice of Bar Counsel. ACAP cannot accept inquiries over the internet.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Complaint forms can be obtained by telephoning the Attorney and Consumer Assistance Program (ACAP), as explained above. Because of the confidentiality requirements complaints cannot be accepted via e-mail. Send complaints to the address below.

Office of the Bar Counsel
99 High Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
(617)(NNN) NNN-NNNN

WALLSTREETLAW :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, so we can receive credit