Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

my 16 year old got a citation for drug paraphernalia all that

Customer Question

my 16 year old got a citation for drug paraphernalia all that was found were ashes in the ashe tray. Got a letter for a court date for tabbaco citation nothing in the letter says drug anything. The cop did not sign the ticket just put a line thru that part. My question is if the cop does not show up is it dismissed? And how can it be proven it was his there had been other people in the car of age earlier that day. Or since he was driving he just takes the ticket?
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

IF the officer does not show up, then the judge should dismiss the ticket because your son is there and ready to proceed and the officer is not.

If the officer does show up, and your son was the only one in the car at the time, then it will be assumed it was his. The only way to get around that - - usually - - would be for someone else to step up and admit it belongs to them.