Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

On court calendar it says 6/19 FORMAL HEARING - which I know

On court calendar it says 6/19 FORMAL HEARING - which I know he made no appearance = the 7/15 HEARING and 7/17 FORMAL HEARING. What does this mean? This person is on Prop 36 probation for meth charges. To the best of my knowledge he had questionable test and they sent to lab for further testing.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If he has not appeared in court and his attorney did not get a continuance, then they will get him for failure to appear in addition to probation violation if he did not have a clean test. Failing a drug test is grounds to revoke his probation and send him to jail for the length of time of his original sentence. However, the docket master saying nothing more than "formal hearing" tells nothing I am afraid and all it means is there is a hearing on something scheduled in the case and it is not just a hearing to determine the status of the case.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now, after court appearance on the 17th, it says DRUG COURT on July 26. What does that mean? I know his pee test came back positive.

Thank you for your response.

It means his case was moved to drug court, which is where he will go through random testing and they will more closely monitor him and will end up putting him back in jail if he violates again.