TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

How long to I have to cancel a contract with a siding company

Customer Question

How long to I have to cancel a contract with a siding company in Colorado Springs, and how would I do so
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, under Colorado law, there is no right to cancellation for a home improvement contract such as the one made the subject of your question.

While the 3 day cancellation right exists in other states, it was never passed in Colorado.

Thus, your only right to terminate the contract early will be as provided by the contract you signed.

Does it have any language which talks about how to cancel the contract?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for your prompt response, I did find somewhere in the contract where it said that I have two days so I am good now thank you
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.
That's great news! What you will want to do is contact them by phone and let them know you are cancelling, and also send a written notice of cancellation by certified mail to their address.

Keep the proof of mailing and ask for a return receipt.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any further question.

Please also do not forget to rate my answer positively. I'm not paid at all for my work with you until you do (the website keeps all your money).