Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

my dispositon was postpone for another month why is this my

Customer Question

my dispositon was postpone for another month why is this my lawyer said theother people were not ready it is a malpractice case
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Yes, it is not uncommon for depositions to be continued and rescheduled depending on the attorney's schedules and whether other cases take longer than expected.
.
But sometimes, it is just a stalling tactic to give the parties more time to reach a settlement rather than have to go to court to have a full blown trial. The deposition is just where the person being deposed sits down under oath and answers questions from the other side.
.
If this case goes to trial, depending on the court schedule, it can take around a year before a trial is actually held to determine what damages the plaintiff is entitled to.
.
.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.