Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Nevada and I recently discovered that my son was

Customer Question

I live in Nevada and I recently discovered that my son was arrested in Arizona. Yuma County. How do I find out what the charges are exactly?

Thank you,
[email protected]
(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Anne M Sutorius
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an Arizona attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, is your son a minor or an adult?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is an adult. He is also adopted. He met with his bio family about a year ago, and along with his bio father and grandfather commjitted a robbery in Yuma County. The family actually live in Maricopa County, Buckeye.

Thank you

Can you tell me, how long has he been in detention? And are you in communication with him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He was arrested in Wellton on May 17th. After the IA he was sent to Yuma County Detention which i think was about a month ago. He has a case management conference on July 23. To date I have been unable to get a case number other than the Welton number which was J-1403-FE-201300062.

I am trying to get a visitation date for Friday, june 28. I will call tomorrow to secure this date. However, beyond visiting, I am so out of my element! This is all so foreign to me that I can only stumble onto the next pieces of information.

Birthday Jan 93?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. Jay Donald Sutorius?

Got it...

Last action (for docket) was May 29....you want the charges he is facing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the charges-all 5 of them. What I want is his Yuma Case#-and the general [if there is such a thing] situation there. Additional hearing dates, dispostion of charges, what he is possibly facing...

Thanks

The case # is not going to change...at least not for the public records...that # (the # you have) will track his progress.

And the charges are outlined (I see 5 as well)

It looks like they may be going through the grand jury process to seek an indictment.

Are you not in contact with his lawyer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

His attorney is Ms Kelly Smith. She has not responded to me on any level. It may be that she can't? Are you familiar with her? She is not court appointed, so I am told, and I don't know who is footing her bill. In any event, I am in Limbo because I live in Nevada. I am not amenable to posting bail, but if I were, would he even be able to leave AZ? Also, that case # gets me nowhere now because I am told there is a new case #.

Ma'am I am going to opt out and open this up to another attorney. I do not know ms smith...and do not know how to answer your specific questions, since what I can see, the case # is the same. It may be another attorney can assist

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Your previous expert has opted out and I am a different expert who is more than happy to work with you.

As of right now you have not posed any real specific questions about your son's case that anyone online would have any access to, such as who is paying his attorney. If you have some specific questions about your son's case, other than information we have no access to, we would be more than willing to work with you to provide you the actual information.