Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My wife left me for another man. I have phone records to prove

Customer Question

My wife left me for another man. I have phone records to prove she started talking to him 1 month before she left. We have a 7 month old child that we had to use invitro for. We had a friend donate the egg. Does the fact that she was born via IVF give me any advantage in gaining custody? I am an E8 in the Navy. She is unemployed and I was her 8th marriage. This was my first marriage. We have been married just over 3 year. Do her multiple marriages give me any kind of advantage?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, Senior Chief. G_d bless you for your service, and please keep yourself safe.

To answer your questions directly, the fact that the egg was donated is a non-issue, I am afraid. Since the child was still formally listed as hers, there is legally no difference in rights between you or her even if her biological matter was not a part of this child This is treated in law similarly as someone who was naturally born, or even adopted (since both types of children have equal rights under the law). Her multiple marriages also do not really assist you. What may assist are factors showing unfitness--for example factors such as history of abuse or neglect, domestic violence, drug use, alcohol abuse, history of mental illness, criminality, or moral turpitude.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

That is no more than I found on the internet on free searches. Was hoping that a lawyer could give me more information on how I could use it to my advantage.

Ronnie,

May I ask why you rated my answer as 'poor'? My apologies if you were not happy that your wife's behavior does not affect custody but if I would have told you otherwise, I would be misleading you. The courts do not focus on such factors--they instead focus on who they see as the more fit parent. I cannot create law to fit your situation especially when you asked a fairly direct yes/no question that in this instance had a fairly direct response.

Please take care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I agree with your assessment and I am not saying she is a bad parent. I am trying to work everything out with her. I just find this information to be the same that I have obtained for free and do not believe it is worth $36.

Ronnie,

So just to be clear you rated my answers poorly, even if you agreed with them, because you disagreed with the price of the question, something that I personally have no control over?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I rate them poor based on the price.

Kindly do not rate my answers as 'poor' over factors I have no control over. Your ratings do affect my standings, and if unhappy you can seek a refund. But holding me responsible over the pricing is simply unfair and disingenuous.

Please be well and good luck to you with your legal matter.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I will rate it as good just so I can close this. I do appreciate your acknowledgement of my military service and our rank structure and may I say I am proud to serve. That is the only reason I will move it to good. I do not hold you personally responsible for the pricing, but I will not visit the site again. Thank you for your time.

Ronnie,

I do apologize if you felt that this site was not worth the money. I have assisted tens of thousands of individuals at this point with a variety of issues. Is there anything perhaps you wish for me to clarify or go more into detail? I do wish for you to be satisfied with your service, and I do wish to assist you with your concerns. Please advise.