Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

A friend of mine bought facebook shares on the secondary market

Customer Question

A friend of mine bought facebook shares on the secondary market pre ipo from a New York broker who allegedly wasn't operating legally. The SEC is building a case against them and he has been asked to submit a deposition. My friend has a few questions but needs to ensure privacy. Can you help?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Once we are done you can request this post be locked and sealed and that will keep it off the internet.

However, I can only provide information to questions asked. So there is no privacy or confidential attorney-client relationship being formed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can i speak to you on the phone? I don't feel comfortable communicating digitally.

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

No. The only way the professionals communicate with customers of this website is via the written word on this website as we are here.

I suggest, if you are not comfortable that you get a local attorney to consult with and that may be more beneficial to you as I can only provide information and not advice.

I suggest you contact the CA Bar Association for a legal referral service. CLICL this LINK for more information and contact information