Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My new neighbors father ran into our 12 foot holly tree in

My new neighbor's father ran into our 12 foot holly tree in the front yard with his
F-150 truck. The tree was destroyed/uprooted and broken in two pieces but he was
not injured. His vehicle is most likely totaled. He promised to pay for the tree and
did provide us with his motor vehicle insurance card. We told him we would get an
appraisal but are having considerable difficulty getting in touch with any company who
will do so. Who should we call for a prompt estimate. Our home owner policy claims
they do not provide tree damage appraisals.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.My sympathy here for your situation and dilemma.

RayAnswers :

You are looking for an arborist here to give you such an estimate.You can locate one here , look under their membership for one in your area.

RayAnswers :

I have also seen situations here where if you are in a rural location you use an independent insurance adjuster and have them give you a value.

RayAnswers :

You may want to file with his insurance and see what offer you get from their adjuster and compare it to your estimate.

RayAnswers :

This might give you at least a couple of prices here to replace it so that you get what it truly is worth here.

RayAnswers :

Independent Adjusters..

RayAnswers :

Thanks for letting me chat with you.If you have more follow up please just ask.Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

Also you want to get paid here for your cost to remove it, if you did it yourself they should pay you say $20 an hour or whatever it cost you here.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.