Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

I am contemplating a lawsuit against the state of new jersey.

Customer Question

I am contemplating a lawsuit against the state of new jersey. where and how do you file
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 3 years ago.
What do you want to sue the state for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Judge has receiver collecting rent. Receivership given without notice and pos green slips were forged at the postal service in affidavit of service. Postal service confirmed forgery. Judges are appointed not elected. Governor responsible for a judge's action. Judge failed to make changes despite various filing

First of all, the fact that a governor appoints a judge does not make them legally responsible for their actions. Liability only attaches of the governor and judge have an employee/employer relationship after the appointment, which they clearly do not. A governor has no say over the day to day activities of a judge, does not control their dockets, does not do anything. He cannot even fire them, because once appointed they can only be removed for the most part by the legislature. Thus, the governor cannot be held legally liable for the actions of a judge, because the judges are not his employees.

In addition, the governor has sovereign immunity and cannot be held liable for official acts, as does the state. Judges also have immunity from lawsuits arising out of their official duties.

Sorry I can't give you better news. I know it is not what you wanted to hear.