How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq. , Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16112
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a usa citizen, who was convicted of a federal felony, charged

This answer was rated:

If a usa citizen, who was convicted of a federal felony, charged with
possession of child pornography ... who has served his sentence ...
but upon release is obligated to fulfill severe lifetime conditions of
federal supervision under the US Parole Office ... considers the possibilty
of leaving America to live elsewhere in order to avoid these severe restricitions ... howbeit with the intent to never use child pornagraphy again .. and does NOT re-offend ... but lives as a normal and responsible citiizen in the foreign
country ... i.e. does not break any of the foreign country's laws.

So for ex, would the average country of the 94 which have extradition treaties
with the USA ...honor an extradition request from the usa over such a person
(who would NOT have committed a crime in their country) ... the usa presumably requesting the extradition because of the avoidance of the usa citizen of what
the usa parole office authorities decide is necessary conditions for his supervised
release following his prison term, for life ... for ex., mandatory state registry
as a sex offender and/or prohibiting him from leaving the state) ...

the question is would the foreign country honor the extradition request, even
though they themselves do not have such severe restrictions on a felon who
has successfully completed his term of incarceration?

The usa terms of sentencing for possession (not distribution) of child pornagraphy
are among the harshest in the world, and not matched in most western countries
in either the severity of the sentence and the fines or in the conditions of lifetime
supervision required after the felon serves his sentence.

Or would a country like Equador, for ex, which is currently famous for being a
destination for usa legal fugitives like Assuange and Snowden, be a safe haven
for such a usa citizen, presuming he would in fact, never re-offend, be a good
citizen of the foreign country, and "go forth and sin no more?"

extradition because the usa citizen was avoiding the conditions of uspo
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Is this an actual or a hypothetical situation that your question is based on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Alex,


not actual ... hypothetical.



Dear Rob,

Unfortunately, under the facts that you have described, not only it would be extremely difficult for a convicted and registered US sex offender to enter and obtain permanent residence in most foreign countries, but also any country that has treaty with the US would extradite such offender for a violation of the parole related to the sex offense or a violation of any type of the sex offender supervision required by US law, regardless of what the law of the foreign country is on the subject.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Thank you for your clarity ... for going straight to the heart

of the matter .... as they say, "it is what it is", regardless of

how it might seem.


Dealing with trying to modify an existing sentence of

lifetime supervision restrictions (for just ONE count of

possession of computer cp ... no personal contact or

intent to distribute was involved) within the federal justice

system legally is lengthy, expensive and almost surely

doomed to fail ... this legal system has zero "give" ....

they have already shot down my first attempt to appeal

the conditions of supervised release.


Still that seems to be the only recourse in trying to improve

the quality of life. The alternative of leaving the usa was

only a hypothetical long shot at best.



Dear Rob,

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16112
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney
Alex J. Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.