Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

If a usa citizen, who was convicted of a federal felony, charged

If a usa citizen, who was convicted of a federal felony, charged with
possession of child pornography ... who has served his sentence ...
but upon release is obligated to fulfill severe lifetime conditions of
federal supervision under the US Parole Office ... considers the possibilty
of leaving America to live elsewhere in order to avoid these severe restricitions ... howbeit with the intent to never use child pornagraphy again .. and does NOT re-offend ... but lives as a normal and responsible citiizen in the foreign
country ... i.e. does not break any of the foreign country's laws.

So for ex, would the average country of the 94 which have extradition treaties
with the USA ...honor an extradition request from the usa over such a person
(who would NOT have committed a crime in their country) ... the usa presumably requesting the extradition because of the avoidance of the usa citizen of what
the usa parole office authorities decide is necessary conditions for his supervised
release following his prison term, for life ... for ex., mandatory state registry
as a sex offender and/or prohibiting him from leaving the state) ...

the question is would the foreign country honor the extradition request, even
though they themselves do not have such severe restrictions on a felon who
has successfully completed his term of incarceration?

The usa terms of sentencing for possession (not distribution) of child pornagraphy
are among the harshest in the world, and not matched in most western countries
in either the severity of the sentence and the fines or in the conditions of lifetime
supervision required after the felon serves his sentence.

Or would a country like Equador, for ex, which is currently famous for being a
destination for usa legal fugitives like Assuange and Snowden, be a safe haven
for such a usa citizen, presuming he would in fact, never re-offend, be a good
citizen of the foreign country, and "go forth and sin no more?"

extradition because the usa citizen was avoiding the conditions of uspo
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Is this an actual or a hypothetical situation that your question is based on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Alex,

not actual ... hypothetical.

rob

Dear Rob,

Unfortunately, under the facts that you have described, not only it would be extremely difficult for a convicted and registered US sex offender to enter and obtain permanent residence in most foreign countries, but also any country that has treaty with the US would extradite such offender for a violation of the parole related to the sex offense or a violation of any type of the sex offender supervision required by US law, regardless of what the law of the foreign country is on the subject.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DEAR ALEX,

Thank you for your clarity ... for going straight to the heart

of the matter .... as they say, "it is what it is", regardless of

how it might seem.

Dealing with trying to modify an existing sentence of

lifetime supervision restrictions (for just ONE count of

possession of computer cp ... no personal contact or

intent to distribute was involved) within the federal justice

system legally is lengthy, expensive and almost surely

doomed to fail ... this legal system has zero "give" ....

they have already shot down my first attempt to appeal

the conditions of supervised release.

Still that seems to be the only recourse in trying to improve

the quality of life. The alternative of leaving the usa was

only a hypothetical long shot at best.

Rob

Dear Rob,

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney