Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

If I have a judgement, that is a collection from a legal company

Customer Question

If I have a judgement, that is a collection from a legal company (disputed) Wells Fargo will charge $100 just to receive such a doc independent of innocence.

Is this standard within all banks? The down side is I have a difficult time getting a checking account since the 'fine print' at a a bank charge just to receive a doc.

Are there alternatives in the checking/banking industry which will not ding me $100 anytime one wants to just send a form, true or false??

No protection from my money from the random computer forms??
Thank you
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

This is most definitely not a standard within the banks, each bank has the right to put forth their own charges and fees for documentation. There is always an alternative--for example look to different bank or even more likely, look to local credit unions who happen to be far more welcoming and less focused on fees. Perhaps you can set up accounts with a different entity that would charge you less or possibly not at all for the requests.

Hope that helps.