WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

I GOT FIRED 6-10-13. I CALLED 1 OF MY EXEMPLOYERS CUSTOMERS

I GOT FIRED 6-10-13. I CALLED 1 OF MY EXEMPLOYERS CUSTOMERS AND ADVISED THAT MY EMPLOYER SOLD ITEMS MANUFACTURED IN CHINA THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE 100% MANUFACTURED IN THE USA. MY EX EMPLOYER RETAINED AN ATTORNEY WHO WROTE TO ME STATING THEY DISCOVERED I AM COMMUNICATING FALSE & DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS ABOUT IT. THEY THREATENEDD CIVIL LIABILITY SUIT & POSSIBLY ACTION UNDER THE OHIO DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES ACT & PA UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES LAW. THE ATTY. WANTS WRITTEN ASSURANCE THAT I WILL NOT CONTACT ANY CUSTOMERS. CAN THEY SUE ME FOR THIS? SHOULD I PROVIDE WRITTEN ASSURANCE AS THEY REQUESTED?
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 1 year ago.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETLAW :

This is a common issue, it is true the former employer can sue you for defamation, if you have made false statements about their services,

WALLSTREETLAW :

however you should not sign any agreement limiting your access to former customers, clients or employees, as they should have had you do this before you left,

WALLSTREETLAW :

it seems that they are trying to coerce you into signing a non compete and non solicit agreement with these threats,

WALLSTREETLAW :

If they do sue you, it would be for defamation,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and if you can prove your claims, they would lose,

WALLSTREETLAW :

you would not be found as violating any State law if you were telling the trusth,

WALLSTREETLAW :

truth,

WALLSTREETLAW :

also since you never signed any non solicit agreement or non compete,

WALLSTREETLAW :

they cannot limit you from contacting any customers,

WALLSTREETLAW :

I would only sign such an agreement if you are offered a severance or bonus.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to print my reply. How do I print it....or better yet please email it to me. I only read the reply once & it disappeared.

I will certainly rate your services as soon as I receive my email.

Thank you for your assistance.

WALLSTREETLAW : Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification
WALLSTREETLAW : This is a common issue, it is true the former employer can sue you for defamation, if you have made false statements about their services,
WALLSTREETLAW : however you should not sign any agreement limiting your access to former customers, clients or employees, as they should have had you do this before you left,
WALLSTREETLAW : it seems that they are trying to coerce you into signing a non compete and non solicit agreement with these threats,
WALLSTREETLAW : If they do sue you, it would be for defamation,
WALLSTREETLAW : and if you can prove your claims, they would lose,
WALLSTREETLAW : you would not be found as violating any State law if you were telling the trusth,
WALLSTREETLAW : truth,
WALLSTREETLAW : also since you never signed any non solicit agreement or non compete,
WALLSTREETLAW : they cannot limit you from contacting any customers,
WALLSTREETLAW : I would only sign such an agreement if you are offered a severance or bonus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The employer did purchase goods from China. My only proof is my word against theirs. Warehouse employees removed the word "china" before selling the goods. If I were sued would I be able to subpoena the warehouse workers?

I worked there for 7 years.

Thank You...Mary

yes, if they actually sued you, at that point you can force all the employees to testify in court, you may also want to contact the State Attorneys Generals office, and file a complaint for deceptive advertising as well, and let the government agency make an investigation.

WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney