Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

my dog has been very sick since a limpoma mass removal in early

Customer Question

my dog has been very sick since a limpoma mass removal in early 2011 started one cough then followed it with gagg the vet. i was seeing at time put him on antibioticcs without any testing the symptoms went away until after few days after off antibiotics so hw was given another script with same result this went on without testing for anything for qite some time like we went through 4 regiments of antibiotics and cough pills they made very available at anytime even gave me home phone in case i ran out he was getting weaker by the day and looked very long in face and eyes sagged almost like he was going to die when i went to another vet for second opinion cuz wasn't getting one ar all as a matter of fact did not see vet after the operation at all i was told they wouldn't give up medical records to another vet when i went in they asked if i thought they were mistreating my dog i broke down and said no or i don't know i just wanted luke to get better that he was sick and that they didn't seem to be doing anything to figure out the problem so they suggested xrays which did not show anything but duroing all this he is off and on antibiotics of different kinds then they suggested a trachael wash which i was told came back positive for ecoli in respitory system but that was it they did not offer any treament but the receptionist said don't worry that she had a puppy with ecoli and that anibiotics cured it so i asked for them and they told me thy couldn't perscribe unless i asked for a sensitivity test to be done this is a first to me in all the bvlood and urine samoples for other problems in past yrs never had i been told if i wanted antibiotics that i personally needed to ask for a sensitivity test to be done but i asked but threw a fir thought he need to get on some med asap cuz he had this problem for so long so the gave me simpliceff but with same reasults so ther next suggestion was to do more xrays maybe they had missed something and then the next thing they wanted to to was another trachale wash at this point i had asked for his medical records more than a few times but i was ignored so i took him to a different vet when he looked down his throat he saw that it was red and irritated with swollen tonsil and said that was the problem there that if he took the tonsil out that would do the trick without seein records cuz the onlu thing i could get from old vet as for records was a list of reciepts and i showed this vet what i was given and he said this is not med records so i called last vet immediately and told them that luke was scheduled for procedure next day that dr. need his records faxed before days end and they agreed to do so when i showed up the next day they had not recieved anything yet so i called vet said i was on my way to have them ready when i got there within 30 min. when i arrived at office they gave me brown envelope with xrays inside they said i signed for them also they said at this time they neede to refer me to a specialist that could do deeper scoping for problem which nobody in this town had license to do also told me that ecoli is not what the doctor thought the problem to be that in fact had thought to be something different entirely and referred me to a vet. college at that point i was considered dropped as patient of there because they said i had behaived badly and treated there staff rudely by the time i returned with xrays my poor little luke was in middle of surgerey without anybody checking on previous symptoms and test results brough him home with mor antibiotics when they rean out same thing cough and gag returned so i decided to take him to collegfe and they told me would be expensive but would definately take just a day for testing should be out of there within a few hrs. not what happened i was told they couldn't get to him in time to do all of what was needed to bring him back next day they would put him under again to finish bu i decided not to put himm through it again brought him home went to another vet for help with what confusing peices of medical records i had gotten pieced out to me from original and he said he couldn't help but referred me to specialist in clackamas and assured me i woouldn't walk away not knowing the problem i went and found the problem but all durong this time the original vet didn't cooperatee in giving up records to this day after contacting examoning board and fiongding that he has had two time been fined and i've recieved copies of his corrupt behavior that in fact he has tasmpered with records and also charged for services not rendered i have complained to same board but not much hope of further action also hired lawyer in hopes of getting records that he hadn't altered cuz i finally got records but they have been altered almost every page wi
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i still need help though i just found out this morning the medical examining board has made a decision and are taking some sort of action but won't know until i get letter in mail. but i want to know how many times does a vet get fined before his license to practice is taken and since the board has found him at fault for something will that make it easier to get back monies he has over charged me for procedures not rendered because before decision was made i had a lawyer but do not now because there lawyer contacted mine and told him that they had already given me records and how dare them ask for them and that i was mentally unstable and that they shouldn't pursue the matter further so my attorney dropped me suddenly now after a couple weeks i figure this out in the contract him and i made says that if he decides to terminate that he is bound to let me know in a reasonable amount of time and by way of last known contact which he did not and now they after i finally send certified letter demanding records from vet. they suddenly get records sent to them thanking them for allowing them the time to get them in order and offering to pay for them so my x attorney is now after he has quit the case accepting files (why i don't know) and decides to charge me another $150.00 for the postage that the vet charged them thirty for from what i understand reading the contract he has broken 3 of the agreemnets we signed for the help i need is direction where or who do i turn to get these professionnal to produce what i have paid for or return my money they have stollen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would like to find out who i should contact to get what i have paid for from vet and from attorney who or what organization do they have to answere to

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Camille

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Law, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Best,

Camille