Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My wife and I got divorced, and in the decree it stated that

Customer Question

My wife and I got divorced, and in the decree it stated that we agreed she would live in the house until it was sold. Later she moved out and leased the house out. Even later she signed a quit claim deed to me and turned the renter over to me.
Can I move back in since she broke the agreement of living there, and signed the quit claim? Can she come back even though she broke the agreement?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

The answer is yes. She relinquished her rights to the home when she Quit Claimed it to you. It's yours now.