Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I have several questions regarding my mortgage. I have Bank

I have several questions regarding my mortgage. I have Bank of America as my mortgage holder. First of all, about the recent revelations from BoA employees that they were told to lie to people who applied for refinancing and delay that refinancing and even flat out reject people for refinancing even though they were qualified, and the subsequent class action lawsuit brought by those employees, does that mean anything for me? What if I have applied for refinancing and feel like I am being lied to and manipulated and generally given the run-around on purpose? Is there an agency that I can report this to? Aside from refinancing, my mortgage is very high compared to my monthly income(80%), If I am denied refinancing from my bank, or they are dragging out the refinance too long, can I just go to a lawyer and say "Look, my current mortgage payment is ridiculously high, make my bank lower it now?"

Dear XXXXX, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service

I am sorry that Bank of America is treating you this way. Your lender and 2 others - Wells Fargo and Chase Mortgage are the worst of the worst lenders who participate in this conduct against their borrowers.

1. You asked,

"I am being lied to and manipulated and generally given the run-around on purpose? Is there an agency that I can report this to?

Answer 1

Yes, there are several Offices of Government to which you can report them.

First, the Office of the Pennsylvania Attorney General,

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=451

The Federal Government has given substantial amounts of money to these lenders so that they will have the incentive to refinance or modify the mortgage loans of their borrowers. However, they have taken the money, but they have not followed through with their promises. Therefore, they have the Federal Inspector General investigating them and you should report your lender to the Office of the Inspector General. I am providing the contact information for your convenience,

Office of the Inspector General - 1-877-744-2009,(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Mail:

Office of the Special Inspector General for
he Troubled Asset Relief Program

XXXXXNW

Washington, DC 20220

2. You also asked,

Aside from refinancing, my mortgage is very high compared to my monthly income(80%), If I am denied refinancing from my bank, or they are dragging out the refinance too long, can I just go to a lawyer and say "Look, my current mortgage payment is ridiculously high, make my bank lower it now?"

Answer 2

That sounds like an excellent idea and it would serve them right, but unfortunately, that cannot be done because it will not get you anywhere. Your lender is part of President Obama's "Home Affordable Program" participating lenders in both the Home Affordable Refinance Program ("HARP") and the Home Affordable Modification Program ("HAMP"). I am providing the Official Websites for these Programs. Go through the computation to see for which Program you qualify, then you can make a lot of noise about your lender taking funds from the Federal Government as "Incentive payments", but is not keeping its word with respect to mortgage refinancing and mortgage modifications,

http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/pages/default.aspx

____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA